Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Pictures

So as you may remember, our camera has been broken for about two months. Hence, all the posts with no pictures. But we finally sucked it up and bought a new one. This one allows us to make movies, too. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting I have a camera again, so I have been forgetting to take pictures. Consequently my kids first year of carving the pumpkins themselves was undocumented, as was our fun Halloween day spent in Emmett, attempting a bonfire and hot dog roast in the rain. The rain refused to dampen Deacon's spirits, as he spent most of the time trying to blow the fire out like it was a candle on a cake. (That would have been a cute movie if I'd only remembered my camera. Dang it.)

So right before we headed out trick-or-treating I pulled out the camera and got a few movies and pictures. (Posted below for your enjoyment.)

Each of my children had a different take on trick-or-treating. Deacon lasted five houses, completely amazed that people were giving him treats or "cooks" as he calls them. The child is a good generalizer. All food are "apples," and all treats are "cooks" (a.k.a. "Cookies."). Then at the sixth house he laid down in the driveway, refusing to move. That was my indication he was done.

McKay reminded me that if we eat too much candy it gives us tummy aches. Looking down at her candy-laden bucket, she added, "But not if it's healthy candy!"

And Parker dumped his bucket onto the living room floor, rubbed his fingers together in his excited way, and declared, "It's mine. All mine."






4 comments:

Brigette said...

Cute costumes. I'm shocked that Mckay is a witch and not in a sparkly princess dress. What kind of camera did you get?

Kodie said...

A cheap one.

Emily said...

Superduper cute! Gideon had a pretty similar reaction to trick-or-treating. He looked baffled that someone he had never seen before was giving him his favorite thing in the world.

mom said...

Looks like Deacon won't be suffering for lack of candy. I see you finally got all three children together for a picture.

Counter