Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

This morning I woke up and turned on the TV to do my pilates and something didn't happen. That something is the TV didn't turn on. Why? Because it lives in my house, and things that live in my house break. I am very sad about this, because TV has helped raise my three children, and now I'm going to be forced to parent. Who is going to watch my children while I shower so that my children aren't sitting around watching me? Or in Deacon's case, climbing in fully clothed. What about when I'm trying to load the dishwasher, and Deacon is unloading the dishes as fast as I put them in? What about mommy is going to lay here and read her book, and you are going to leave mommy alone time? Bless you Blue's Clues, Dora, and Bob the Builder. You have been such an important part of our family.

When Parker learned the TV was broken he asked me if I would go buy a new one while he was at school. "No," I explained. "TVs cost money, and mommy's money has to go to paying bills and buying groceries." Tearing up, Parker choked out, "I miss you, TV."

Chris said, "What's going to break next?"

I really wish he hadn't said that, because he jinxed us. Two hours later I brought my van in for its emission test, which it failed. Now I have to pay for hundreds of dollars of repairs to be allowed to continue driving it. Grrr. I want to throw it away with my TV. But instead of throwing anything away, I'm going to go be a mom. Because my TV is no longer around to fill that role for me.

4 comments:

Brigette said...

I feel for you. . .

mom said...

I see that flat-screen T.V. that Parker's been wanting in his future.

GG said...

I feel for you. Our tv went away when the government switched the signal and our bunny ears didn't work anymore. We have TV again as of less than a month ago.
It's amazing how much more fun Dancing with the Stars is when it is bigger than the 3x2 picture that we can see on Sling and Hulu. (Our internet jumps when we try to watch it on the full screen size).

(By the way, PBS kids .org has some stuff that Andrew used to spend long amounts of time on... even little cartoon episodes. I think the other kids stations have things like that too. There's also starfall if your ready for it. :) )

Jil said...

You guys have had the crummiest luck lately. Or maybe it's a competition amongst your belongings. Maybe while you are all sleeping they read your blog, and the TV was just jealous it hadn't been mentioned yet, so it's acting out to get noticed. Your poor van must be a celebrity.

Good luck with the mommy-ing. Call if you want to set up some play time during the parent teacher conference break.

Counter