Sunday, November 15, 2009

Deacon Does Sacrament Meeting

I don't know what it is about Sacrament meeting. But sitting in a chair and being quiet for one hour is completely impossible for my children. Today I told Parker to sit in his chair, and he told me, "I can hear better down here."

Then there is Deacon. Deacon is by far the squirreliest little boy I have ever seen. I plunk him on his chair, and he is over the chair, under the chair, and through the chair in a matter of minutes. This Sunday, Deacon added a new trick to his routine. He ran two rows up from us and just laid down in the aisle, completely content to stare at the ceiling and kick his legs in the air.

Now normally when Deacon makes a run for it, I send Parker for him. But Parker was on the complete opposite side of the row, so I decided to have McKay give it a try. "Go bring Deacon back to mom," I told her.

She walked up to Deacon and grabbed his hand. When he refused to budge, she started dragging him by one arm. He's apparently heavy, because she had to use her whole body to drag him just a couple of inches. Deacon appeared unconcerned. Without a noise or a worried expression, he simply laid on the ground and allowed himself to be dragged by the arm. McKay made increasingly louder grunts and groans as she attempted to move his heavy body. She finally dragged him back to me, and only when I picked him up off the ground did he make any objections. Evidently sitting on his mom's lap was a lot worse than being dragged by the arm across the gym floor.

4 comments:

Brigette said...

But he looks so cute and innocent in his picture!

mom said...

Obviously, this picture of Deacon wasn't taken on Sunday at church!

Emily said...

That picture of Deacon is awsome! He has gorgeous eyes. It looks like it belongs in a photo contest.

Cathy Brooksby said...

I love your children, It makes me feel better about mine.

Counter