Wednesday, January 28, 2009

McKay's Big News


McKay came running up to me with big news this morning. "Mommy," she said excitedly, "Deacon's alive!"

Now if you've spent any time with Deacon, you know this is big news. So far this child has survived strangling, electrocution, daily concussions, and swallowing toys larger than his esophagus. I do try to babyproof my home. I never guessed that McKay would wrap a string around Deacon's neck and then try to lift him up by the string. I thought the night light was safe, because Deacon couldn't pull it out. He can't. But he can disassemble it. Once the safety cover and light bulb have been pulled out, it's a snap to shock oneself on exposed wires. As for the concussions--the kid has no learning curve. I watched him pull himself up to our end table, fall, hit his head, cry, then try again.

Ahhh, ten months old and still alive. Miraculous.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It is amazing what they can live through. Yes, I was serious about the Arizona thing. We think we are going to move there when Steve graduates around May. So glad for blogs so we can keep in touch.

Brigette said...

I know the feeling. I signed up for a pediatric first aid class that I plan on taking next week. I've even considered nursing school.

Anonymous said...

Did she mean to say awake? I think like a 3-year old, so I understand.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaah! That poor little guy! I think the 3rd one is just in for it from the start. One MOM, three crazies! I'm a little nervous about that one. :)

Auntie M said...

I love McKay!!! Can I keep her? She can share a room with Meg and Ruby and I will even put the barbies in the room too.

Counter