Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Opinions Please

Now it is hard to tell in this picture, but one of these curtains is red and the other is brown. I can't decide which one I like better. I couldn't decide in the store, so I bought both colors, thinking after I brought them home I would be able to decide and then return one. I still couldn't decide, so I made Chris hang one of both. Your noticing a pattern here. I'm still undecided, and one of each is still hanging in my house. My anal-retentive husband is having a mild panic attack every time he looks at the window. He wants the decision made, matching curtains hung, and the other ones returned, preferably today if not yesterday. So does anyone have an opinion?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I think it depends on what you are going for the red makes the window stand out more and the brown is milder but I really like the red. I think either will work great, maybe you could flip a coin.

Ashley Reno said...

Hey Kodi-I don't know if you remember me but I like the brown one. My last may throw you for a loop but I am a Walker...Andrea's sister. I hope you are doing well. Good luck with the curtains.

GG said...

What fabric are they made out of? If they are Polyester or such, I'm no help - I can't decide either. They are both great colors! Good find!

But if they are cotton, then they'll prob fade when you wash them -so I would choose brown since you have [Very nice!!] red couches.

We are actually planning on red, brown, or metallic-y curtains for ourselves. ;)
As I look at the picture longer and longer, I am actually leaning toward the brown. It has nice weight and emphasizes the other colors in the room. But then the red brings your eyes upwards. I suppose the entire room's feel would change a bit with your choice... how agonizing! :)
Ok, I'm back to red....sorry.

Auntie M said...

Kodie, I like both. The fact you struggle to pick means that both would be a good choice.
Having said that, I prefer not to match the curtains with the chairs. It looks like they are connected. The brown would be my personal choice.
HOWEVER, the thought of stressing Christopher out is also of appeal. I might just leave it as is too.
gosh I am not help huh!
I love and miss you.

Christopher said...

Ha hA. Brown Won!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I checked too late and it's already done! Didn't even get to vote. Sigh. Well, I actually would have picked brown anyway - I just like the distinction from the couches, it looks really cute! And ya, I still miss you guys. :)

Counter