Monday, February 2, 2009

The Parker-Mom Bond


Now some things about Parker, I just don't understand. For instance, mud fights. Why would you rush home after school to fling mud at your friends? Especially when they are flinging mud back at you? (See above picture.)

However, there are a few things that me and Parker bond over, that the rest of the Chris and Kodie Davis family just doesn't understand. Number One. American Idol. Tomorrow is Tuesday, which means at seven o'clock, Parker and I will be gathered around the TV to critique American Idol hopefuls. This is our second or third year doing this. Also, we vote for our favorite contestants. Parker often votes for seven or eight different people. He's already asked me if I will come with him when he auditions for American Idol when he grows up. I'll be there.

Number Two. Chocolate-covered strawberries. Parker and I might make one or two pounds of chocolate-covered strawberries, and eat them all ourselves. Often in one sitting. When we offer one of these delectable treats to Chris, he refuses to eat them. This from a person who eats deep fried pork rinds.

Number Three. Junie B. Jones books. We read these together almost every night. I think I might like these more than Parker. I know I laugh harder. Only Parker and I are laughing when I read them out loud. Come on it's hilarious when she brings a fish stick in for a pet on pet day, right? I know Parker thinks so.

Ahh, TV, books, and chocolate. No wonder I love that kid.

3 comments:

Brigette said...

Oh! I loved that post! Thank you so much for that!

Anonymous said...

No wonder that I love him too!

Stephanie said...

I thought of you guys while watching American Idol tonight. It made me smile!

Counter