Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Haircut

BEFORE

Well, it was time for Deacon's first haircut. I could tell because his shaggy locks were hanging over his ears and going crazy in the back. But I could also tell by the amount of times that perfect strangers made comments like "look at that head of hair that baby has." This is code for "Your child needs a haircut." This is much like when people comment on how "busy" your children are, and you know that by "busy" they are really saying "out of control." Anyway, I decided since the number of haircuts I have given in my life now equal two, I was not going to attempt Deacon's first one. As Chris was holding Deacon face down on his lap, Deacon's head secure in a hand vice, his lungs and voice working at full capacity, and the girl scissoring at Mach speed, I said, "This was so worth $8." My cheapness has its limits, and I was just grateful not to be the girl holding the scissors.


AFTER

7 comments:

Jenna @ Falling Letters said...

He looks very dashing ;)

Huiying said...

Good haircut =) he's lovely..

Anonymous said...

Aaawwwww, he looks so cute! Does his hair naturally go to the side like that?? It's so cute! A well spent $8 I'd say. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh - I forgot, nice goatee Chris! Looks... scratchy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Deacon looks darling. The haircut sounded like what happens when a child gets stitches in the head. Lucky for you he didn't need any...Chris looks like he was in pain though.

linda said...

wet em down with the squirt bottle and then let them hold it as long as they want. usually i can do the hair by then. target practice. usually not too much gets on me. ;-)

Holly said...

Hi Kodie! Maybe you remember me, Holly VanLeuven? We used to make homemade rootbeer when you guys lived off of Sunset Drive. I found your blog off of Andrea's and just wanted to tell you how cute your little family is! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Counter