Monday, June 27, 2011

Falling With Style

My children dress themselves, so this is normal attire.


As is this.


And this.


So it is no surprise that today Deacon dressed himself in Buzz Lightyear pajamas. Especially since he's Buzz Lightyear about 50% of the time around here.

"I'm Buzz Lightyear," he told me. "I come in peace."

"Mom, I think if I'm brave enough I'll be able to fly."

"You mean in an airplane?"

"No, with my arms."

This worries me, as he is already a crazy little monkey who climbs and jumps off everything, and broke my blinds by swinging on the cord like Tarzan. (Though he informed me he was not being Tarzan, but rather George of the Jungle.)

"Deacon, people can't fly. I'm sorry to break it to you, but that's just how it is."

So this morning, he climbed onto my bed, and touched the red button on his Buzz Lightyear jammies. Immediately, his arms shot out to the side like wings.

"To infinity and beyond!" he declared, as he leaped off my bed.

He landed on the ground safely, and looking up with a grin, said, "I told you so."

3 comments:

mom said...

I'm going to be sad when he outgrows his Buzz Lightyear P.J.'s.

Emily said...

I LOVE that middle picture of Deacon...it's SOOOO cute!

Riki said...

My kids dress themselves too...yesterday Kes was wearing striped shorts with a giraffe print top.

Counter