Monday, March 8, 2010

A New Pair of Jeans

It's been awhile since I've posted, and this is why--there is not much to say when you spend your days holding fevery, crying children while watching fifteen hours of Wonder Pets straight. After so many hours of watching a turtle, hamster, and duck save various baby animals across the globe, I came up with a viewing strategy--simply hold crying youngster in lap with one arm and hold a book in the other hand. This works fairly well, however, I don't advise reading a book about people in a nursing home dying. You might look down at your fevery baby who's struggling to breathe, decide he's dying, and call your husband to come home from work immediately and give him a blessing. Your husband may tell you to please stop reading your book and go outside and get some fresh air, because the Wonder Pets theme song has warped your brain.

He may be right because the next day, said dying baby, is back to his old self, jumping off Parker's bunk bed and bloodying his nose. After cleaning up one Deacon disaster after another, I had pretty much had it with that kid. So when he got into the pantry and dumped a container of trail mix all over my freshly vacuumed carpet, I decided I needed to do something about that boy.

I sold him to Chris.

"Alright," Chris said, when I told him I was selling Deacon to him, "but I work all day, so I'm going to have to hire you to take care of him."

"I'm very expensive, and I don't work overtime."

"I'll give you everything I have."

"Deal."

And that is why I left Chris with HIS baby and bought myself a new pair of jeans. And also why he had to put HIS child in the car seat. And put HIS child to bed. And change HIS child's diaper. I'm loving this whole selling children thing.

6 comments:

Holly said...

"The phone. The phone is ringing. There's an animal in trouble. There's an animal in trouble somewhere!" Gotta love the Wonder Pets!
I'm going to sell MY kids to THEIR father...I should've done that 5 years ago!

Christopher said...

As part of my purchase of our youngest son I calmed exclusive photo rights. Thus the lack of accompanying image for this post.

Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley said...

Love it. I'm currently surrounded by sick, crying and non-sleeping children. Feel a little dizzy. :)

Sarah said...

What a great idea you should patent it and make some money I know many a mom that will probably wish they thought of it first!!!! My kids are officially for sale!

mom said...

It sounds like someone needed her mother to come and give her a break. I hope you're feeling better now that you've had a small break.

Counter