Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Overheard

Makenna (neighbor girl): "Why is your house so fun?"

Me: "Uhhh....?"

Makenna: "I think it's because you're Mormon. You get to have family home evening. And you go to church every Sunday."

Parker: "Church isn't that fun, Makenna. You sit there for three hours. It's just like school, only you learn about Jesus."

Makenna: "Learning about God is important."

Parker: "Yeah, but let me tell you about Stake Conference. That's the worst two hours of my life."

Makenna: "When I grow up, I'm going to marry a Mormon."

Parker: "You can marry me."

Makenna: "Why would I marry you? You're my best friend. I'm just going to find a cute Mormon boy to marry."

Parker: "Am I cute?"

Makenna: "Kind of."

5 comments:

hardlycreative said...

seriously, you need to put a book together. pronto.

Sarah said...

That girl has it all figured out!! I agree on Stake Conference it is sooooo long! I think we should cut church down to two hours and just switch between Sunday School and Priesthood and Relief society.

Riki said...

Stake conference is the worst two hours of my life too. We went 45 minutes early this last time to get the "good seats" much better to sit in hard seats for less time!

Anonymous said...

Makenna is a sweet girl and you're so kind to her. I hope she does marry a cute Mormon boy someday.

Shirley said...

So cute. Aaaaaaah, it's always so nice to visit your blog - never a dull moment. :)

Counter