Saturday, March 20, 2010

TV


Chris was driving home from a business trip Friday when I called him with big news.

"Husband," I said, "this may be the best day of your life."

"Why?"

"The TV died."

Chris received the news of a big ticket household item needing to be replaced much as I had anticipated--with complete elation. I may even say he was giddy as a schoolgirl.

Fast-forward a few hours later, and we found ourselves in RC Willey staring at TVs. I, being cheap, was all about buying the cheap knock-off brand made in China. Chris, however, had "standards." Finally, the decision was down to buying a Sony with 720 whatevers or a Sony with 1080 whatevers. I have no idea what those numbers stand for or mean, except that TV buying is not like golf, and the bigger number meant better TV. At one point I actually was in the weird situation of listening to Chris and the salesman having a conversation in which they were both speaking English, and yet I had no idea what they were saying. "Coaxial cable, blah, blah, blah, HDMI, video output..." But finally, Chris got back to Kodie English. "This TV is better. It costs $100 more. I want it."

"Fine."

A look of joy and disbelief spreads across Chris's face. "You mean after nine years of marriage I finally get to spend my own money?"

3 comments:

mom said...

I guess its too late to give you those price quotes from Costco.

Shirley said...

You guys are the greatest. Enjoy the movie nights! :)

Riki said...

A man after my husband's heart...he is really waiting for our tv to die too--he might even sabotage it!

Counter