Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wedding

Our neighbors across the street invited us to their wedding. Yes, they've been living together the entire time we've lived here. Try explaining that to a three year old.
McKay: "MaKenna's mom and dad aren't married?"
Me: "Ummm...."
McKay: "But you have to be married to get a baby in your tummy."
Me: "YES, yes you do. NEVER forget that."

Deacon was a wiggle worm through the wedding ceremony, but I managed to keep him relatively quiet. He did ask for "apple" a few times. The kid was hungry. And I may have blown a few of my bride-shaped bottle of bubbles during the vows to keep him entertained. Just a few. So when the minister announced it was time to kiss the bride, I was relieved we had made it through without much noise. However, as the guests looked on happily at the kissing bride and groom, the quiet romantic moment was interrupted by Parker's loud exclamation--"Disgusting!"

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah for Parker! That's hillarious!

Sarah said...

I am so glad you blog Kodie everytime I read something especially that Parker says I can totally picture him saying it and get a good chuckle out of it. You keep me smiling!!!

mom said...

I think there's more to come on the baby subject. Give McKay some time to ruminate on it.

Counter