Friday, September 25, 2009

Deacon's Food Storage

In our house things disappear. This is because our house contains something that makes things go missing. That something is Deacon. I won't regale you with tales of all the things I have pulled out of the garbage and toilet. (Which, speaking of, currently won't flush, because something is stuck down it. I am fearful to find out what.)

Anyway, if something goes permanently missing, Deacon probably tossed it. As I was cleaning up the living room today, I noticed something lodged inside a speaker. I cautiously put my hand in and pulled out...a waffle. Hmm. When was the last time we had waffles? As we've been out of syrup for a week, it's been a while. Something else was in there. So I pulled out...another waffle. Also a small green ball and a rock. Dang. Nothing of value. I tossed the waffles in the garbage and continued on to cleaning the kitchen.

As I was wiping down the table, into the kitchen plowed Deacon happily munching on something. Hey, I hadn't given him a snack. What could he be eating? Not the...waffle? Yes. Yuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're telling us that he also takes things OUT of the garbage? Now you know why he's not hungry at meals sometimes.

Emily said...

Wow, that's delicious! I had to turn Peter's speakers around for the same reason...Gideon would stuff his toys (but at least not food) inside. Now Gideon just puts things inside of Peter's guitar and bass.

Counter