Monday, April 20, 2009

Who Needs Toys?

Monday is laundry day at our house. So I have a week's worth of our family's laundry all over the floor. I went upstairs to change Deacon's diaper, and when I came back down a little later, McKay came running up to me.

"I have the cutest little babies!" she told me, holding up a single serving size Crystal Light tube.

"This is a baby?"

"Yes, and I have a lot more!"

Her babies were silverware, jello boxes, and more Crystal Light. "And I wrapped them up in cuddly little blankies!"

Her blankies? The dirty laundry. Parker's dirty socks seemed to make great sleeping bags for Crystal Light. The best? Watching her walk around holding her "baby" box of jello, cradled in her arms, wrapped tightly in a pair of Parker's dirty underwear.



4 comments:

Shirley said...

That is hilarious!!! Jade used my crochet hooks as "babies" and wrapped them in dryer sheets! And today driving home Porter said, "I miss my friend Parker." And he sent him a blow kiss - since those have no bounds. ;) Now... why do you live so far away again???

Brigette said...

That is priceless. She's such a doll. It's stories like these that make me grateful for blogging.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you happy that Jello is double wrapped?

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

As always I have enjoyed reading your blog and laughing at the cute things your children say!

I am writing to wish you and Christopher a very happy Anniversary on the 27th of this month.

Counter