Friday, April 3, 2009

Decrepit Old Kodie

Some of you may have realized that I just had a birthday this past week, making me the very old age of 29. Now, don't say as my mother does, "If you're old, what does that make me?" It makes you the mother of a woman who is past her youth. If you're my friend, then hate to break it to you, you are getting old along with me. Thank you to Riki who sent me a birthday card that reads, "You are the perfect age......Not dead."

Now that I have criticized everyone, on with the blog. I decided to use my birthday money (thank you family) to buy a swimsuit that covered even more of my 29 year old body than my old one did. Consequently, the day after buying said swimsuit, I decided to embark on an exercise and fake tan regime. Tonight I was dancing to the "Fat Burning Dance Party" DVD, when Parker remarked, "Those girls are a lot younger than you."
"Yes, I know."
"They're probably in college."
"Uh-huh."
"That's why they dance better than you. Young girls are way better dancers than old girls."

Ahh, 29 here we come.

5 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

oh, kodie. you look absolutely amazing. i hope that one day i can look half as good as you post-children.

but, in more exciting news, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i hope parker gave you a sample of his 185th favorite animal as a token of affection.

Brigette said...

Happy Birthday! Forgive my belatedness. I hope it was grand...aside from the number of candles on the birthday cake an' all.

Shirley said...

Ha ha ha! That post cracked me up! Parker's little chat with you was great. I am leaving my 20's behind this year... in just 3 short months I'll be 30!!! Yuck, it just might merit a little fake tanning for me too. ;)

Anonymous said...

You're officially old when you STOP buying swimsuits!

Anonymous said...

And also,...where's the picture?

Counter