Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Deacon Days


I've been getting grief about not posting for awhile. There is a reason for this. Life has been full of the everyday, normal, non-exciting stuff. Since we might be waiting awhile for something blog-worthy to happen, here is an update on my most exciting and crazy child.

Deacon has managed to stay alive, and I have managed to stay sane (mostly) parenting him. Yesterday, there was a knock on the door. I opened it and was surprised at the person standing there. That person was Deacon. I had yet to discover he was missing. I did learn he can open the door to the garage. Once in the garage, he simply needs to crawl under the garage door that I had left cracked open for the cat, and then--freedom. I'm glad he came home this time. Last week when he went missing he was at the park. He has also survived this past week burning his fingers when he successfully figured out how to light a match; burning his fingers when he wanted to touch a light bulb in the lamp; breaking a lamp; removing protective covers from outlets, assorted bumps and bruises from jumping off things not meant to be jumped off; scissors removed from his hands several times a day, etc., etc. In the last five minutes the following events have occurred:

Deacon walking up to me with McKay's purse around his neck. Pointing to the purse, "I need a sandwich and a banana in here."

I threw some corn dogs in the oven, but apparently that's not fast enough for him. He's pushed a chair over to the toaster oven and is trying to figure out how to operate it.

So pretty normal stuff here. Someday something more exciting than Deacon taking off his shoes in church and throwing them across the chapel will occur, but until then, it's same old, same old at the Davis house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm saying this for Jace's benefit..."He gets that from Uncle Clay." (Jace thinks my understanding of genetics is deficient)

Emily said...

I LOVE that picture of Deacon. It had me laughing before I even read a word.

Counter