Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Field Trip



My preschool co-op that I do with McKay does monthly field trips. Another mommy planned this one to the Farmstead. I thought it was just a corn maze. But it turned out to be filled with all sorts of fall/farm themed outdoor fun. We started out with a hayride. Parker loudly proclaimed that he was an expert at hayrides because he got to do them all the time at his grandpa's farm. That statement was amended by, "Well, it's been two years, but still...." He was also knew all about ponies, because he had one once, though perhaps it was kept at his grandpa's house. This was followed by, "Look, it's a bull!"

I replied, "Actually that's a steer."

"How do you know?"

"I'll explain that to you later."

At which point another mom said, "I think it's because it doesn't have any horns."

Who knew field trips could be both fun and educational?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Deacon put a pumpkin in his backpack?

Riki said...

whoo! Squeaked by on the horns comment! That is so fun. We always go to a pumpkin patch every year and let the kids pick out their favorite! So fun!

Counter