Monday, September 27, 2010

High and Not So Dry

Saturday was the Relief Society broadcast, and I really needed to go to escape my children.

Me: "I've thought it over, and I've decided to trade our children in for a puppy."
Chris: "Rough day, huh?"
Me: "Uh, yeah."
Chris: "What are you doing now?"
Me: "I'm on petfinder.com. Oh, look at this puppy. It's black and white."

So at six o'clock, I turned childcare responsibility over to my hubby. I went to the broadcast with my mom and left the kids and husband at my parents' home. With a steady supply of college football and snacks, what more could they want?

Answer: A clean pull-up.

As all readers of my blog know, I am very slowly and painfully potty-training Deacon. I left Deacon in a clean pull-up. I, however, failed to leave extra pull-ups in case of accidents. I also failed to leave detailed instructions on Deacon's toilet training habits. Consequently, a disaster occurred.

Note: My husband works for the Red Cross. He is trained to handle disasters.

Chris: "You didn't leave me any pull-ups."
Me: "Oops."
Chris: "And Deacon pooped."
Me: "What did you do?"
Chris: "I made my own diaper."
Me: "What?"
Chris: "Well, to be fair, your dad and brother helped me gather supplies."
Me: "Supplies?"
Chris: "Toilet paper, a pad, and electrical tape. We couldn't find duct tape."
Me: "This I have to see."

I found Deacon sound asleep, completely dry. His bottom was swathed in a toilet paper bundle, held together with many layers of electrical tape. That thing was so secure I had to use scissors to cut it off his body.

As the incident made me laugh much more than any puppy could, I have decided to keep my children. Besides, puppies don't come potty-trained.

3 comments:

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Great creativity! Necessity is the mother of all invention!
Your blogs are the BEST! They always make me smile or laugh.

Emily said...

Why didn't you take a picture dang it!?!

Anonymous said...

I understand that we can thank Grandpa for part of the "supplies"

Counter