Thursday, September 9, 2010

Home Is...

Home is the place where popsicles are kept.

I was in my kitchen, when I noticed the neighbor girl jumping over my back fence. She proceeded to walk through my back door.

"Hi, I'm home," she said, as she opened my freezer. "I just needed a popsicle." With popsicle in hand she was back out the door.

Home is the place where mom says no.

This afternoon I find Deacon trying to drag his scooter up the stairs.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to ride my scooter down the stairs."

"That's going to be a no."

This evening after Deacon successfully used the potty, I pulled out the matches for his "blowing out fire" reward. Deacon grabbed the matchbox from me and put it in his pocket.

"Deacon, hand me the matches. It's time for bed."

"I want to play with matches in my bed."

"That's going to be a no."

Home is where we learn.

Today while teaching Parker a lesson on weather, I dragged him over to the window.

Me: "What kind of clouds do you think are in the sky? They look like stratus to me."

Parker: "Holy cow! Look down into Chewie's yard. You can see all of his poop from here!"

Ahh, home sweet home.

3 comments:

Riki said...

I especially loved the "poop" comment. Did he try to classify them?

Cathy Brooksby said...

Can I send my kids to you? Yours seem to take a no pretty well. Could you teach mine how.

Anonymous said...

Adventureous Deacon! It makes me wonder what he'll want to do when he's 16!

Counter