Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Alone Time

Parker got home from school and announced, "Mom, I need some alone time. I'm going to go sit on a rock and eat some M&M's that Jenni Thomas sent me."

O.k. After a half an hour I decided the M&M's were probably gone and went to check on Parker. I found him scootering down the sidewalk full speed, singing at top volume a Queen song. He loves Queen and listens to Chris's cd constantly. The song he had chosen to sing was "Fat-Bottomed Girls." As he came closer I could hear that he had misunderstood the lyrics. He scootered towards me, grinning, singing, "Black-bottomed girls you make my rocking world go round."

3 comments:

Julie Marcum-Hart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...

Maybe they had been sitting on that rock with him? Thus the dirty posterior.

I have heard him mistake lyrics to many songs in the past and honestly, I think I like his version better 80% of the time. :)

Jil said...

You know what the coolest part of this post is to me? As I was reading it Fat Bottomed Girls was totally playing on my song list. I feel like we just shared a moment.

Counter