Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Strong

Parker was sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch when the whining began. "I have eczema and asthma and a lazy eye. If you made a list of everything that was wrong with me, I bet there would be one hundred things. Why does it happen to me?"

Sensing a great teaching moment, I explained, "Heavenly Father gives you those things to make you stronger. If you learn from those things, you will be a stronger person."

A big grin spreads across Parker, and I am thinking, I am such a great mom right now. This totally cancels out me yelling at him to stop driving me crazy before I paddled his bum. My inner celebration is soon cut short. Parker lifts up the sleeve of his shirt, makes a muscle, and asks, "O.k. how much stronger am I now?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kid takes after his grandpa - always looking to get stronger.

Christopher said...

Parker,
You could move mountains in my eyes!

Counter