Thursday, May 28, 2009

Overnight Idiot

Yesterday I asked Parker, "So did your butterfly hatch out of its cocoon?"
He looks at me incredulously. "You mean chrysalis. Cocoons are for moths."
"Right."
"Do you even know where a butterfly's thorax is?"
"Ummm...."
"O.k. I'll ask you an easy one. What kind of eye does a butterfly have?"
That's an easy one? "Uhhh...a butterfly eye?"
"I'll give you a clue. It's the same kind of eye that a caterpillar has."
"A caterpillar eye?"
"No!" he shakes his head in disbelief. "A compound eye!"
I remember back on Monday, when I was helping him with his spelling words, and I knew something he didn't. Yes, those were the days....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before I show him that dead bumblebee I have in a jar, I'd better find out what kind of eyes it has.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I am laughing so hard. I love this blog. All parents become overnight idiots at one point or another.

Don't worry. Children come back and discover that their parents do have true wisdom!

It just takes a long time for them to fInally figure that out!

Sarah said...

I love to read about Parker not much has changed he is only getting smarter. I read your story to my mom and kids and sister and we all got a good laugh and I don't think any of us knew what kind of eyes they had. Where does he learn all of these things?

Auntie M said...

He learns it from his father. Parker is Christopher Jr.

I miss you guys very much!!!!

Counter