Sunday, May 3, 2009

Garage Sale Find

Like every stereotypical Mormon mom, I have wanted a piano in our home. I do play the piano very poorly, but the main reason for the musical instrument, is to force piano lessons down my children's throats. So when I found this gorgeous antique piano at a garage sale on Saturday, priced ridiculously cheap, I did what any person who loves a good deal would do--I offered them even less money for it. And here's the great part--they took it!

Once we got the piano home, Chris started deep cleaning it. It had obviously sat in a garage for some time. While cleaning it out he found this:

Yep, that's a 50-60 year old empty Milk Duds box. Pretty cool. A quick check on ebay, and I discovered that if I wanted to sell that box, I could about cover the cost of the piano purchase. Because I bought the piano for....$25! Best garage sale purchase ever.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

AMAZING find Kodie! Good job!

Brigette said...

That is so awesome!

Shirley said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm so jealous! People try to sell piece of junk pianos for at least $200 - and yours is beautiful! Does it sound good? Wow, so cool, I'm amazed. Hope to see some video of Parker plinkin' it out soon! :)

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Way to shop! That's one of the best deals I've ever heard of. The candy box is cool too!

Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...

I just wanted to say that I found the piano. That is all.

Counter