Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Potty-Training Update


So I have repeatedly been asked--how is potty-training going? O.k. actually only my mom and sister asked. But as it is an extremely exciting topic, I'm sure everyone is wondering. The good news--my couches have remained dry. The bad news--my carpet and Deacon are another story. We've had a few accidents here and there, but for the most part things have been going good. That is until this morning. McKay was sitting on her potty watching t.v., and I was upstairs getting ready. I came to check on her, and I found Deacon playing on the ground delighted. He was flapping his arms and legs like he was swimming. Then I noticed he was wet. He WAS swimming. He was swimming in McKay's pee. The potty chair was overturned, the potty-training candy was in the potty (weirdly and disgustingly enough), and Deacon was doing the breaststroke on my soggy carpet. I questioned McKay in depth, and I came to this conclusion--I have absolutely no idea what happened. Ahh, the joys of potty-training.

5 comments:

Brigette said...

I feel your pain... Just remember to breathe and count to ten.

Anonymous said...

She needed a "bowl" for her candy, so she emptied it, of course.

Christopher said...

ewwwww.....please tell me you bathed him before I got home.

Auntie M said...

I actually was wondering how your couches were doing. So I am glad you posted an update.
I laughed and laughed at that story.
I love you Kodie!!

linda said...

man i hate those days. i was only gone for a minute!!!

Counter