Friday, November 7, 2008

Haircut

Since moving to Meridian I have been in search of a place that gives good cheap haircuts for Parker. I have struck out. The last place I went, Parker didn't like the woman, because she kept "breathing on him." I decided I could solve this dilemma and save money by cutting Parker's hair myself.

Those of you who know me are probably questioning this strategy. I cannot cut a piece of paper straight, even with the aid of a paper cutter, so why I thought I could cut hair is a little beyond me. But my sense of cheapness overcame my sense of reason, and I decided to try yesterday.

Minus one bald patch (Who knew the over the ear clipper attachment would cut hair so short?) he turned out o.k. looking. Alright, he looks like a kid whose mother cut his hair.



He wouldn't let me take a picture of his bald spot, or really any picture at all that didn't involve him being a Jedi.

But the point is this--I have learned a valuable lesson. And that lesson is--sanity cannot be bought. No amount of money saved is worth trying to cut the hair of a wiggly, screaming, freaking-out six year old boy all without swearing or spanking.

So I have decided to put my clippers to good use. Chris's hair. He keeps putting me off on that one, but he will cave eventually......And then who will freak out more Chris or Parker?

6 comments:

Christopher said...

uhm... *looks around for a reason to leave* I have to, to uhh...

Oh my goodness! What on earth is that! *he says pointing over Kodie's shoulder*

*Slips out the garage door when she isn't looking*

Christopher said...

I mean, I am already goofy looking do we really want to make it worse?

Auntie M said...

I think that given enough experience you could learn to give a good haircut. I recommend trying it on Christopher then Parker will want to be like his dad.
OR have you considered the buzz haircut? That is what my dad did for years when my brothers were young.

Brigette said...

Kodie, I cut all three of my boys' hair and most of the time they turn out well, but I've also had some dang funny memories of the ones that didn't turn out so well. I say it's worth it just for the laughs. :)

Anonymous said...

I just buzz Porter's... and Steve's. :) I've tried to do fun, stylish cuts and I stink it up on those. One day when my child wants to look cool, I'm all for paying for it. I'm glad Steve doesn't care though. hee hee. Steve's brother asked me to cut his hair like Steve's once and his direct quote is that he looked like "bozo the clown"! Oops, I don't do extended family any more. ;)

Jil said...

I also just repeatedly botch my families hair cuts over and over again. I have found if I let them watch a movie while I do it I often get better results. But my friend says theres a place (I can't remember the name) where it's a just for kids place and she's really liked it. I think it's like $10-12. If you want to know more I can find out for you.

By the way, I didn't notice any bald spots on Parker, are you sure you didn't meant Christopher? (pass that one on for me)

Counter