Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thems Fightin' Words

With the slam of the front door, I hear Parker huffing up the stairs.

"What's wrong?" I ask my agitated son.

"Kaleb and I aren't friends anymore."

"Because?"

"Because he said some mean things, so I said some mean things, so he said some mean things, so I said some mean things."

"It's not acceptable to say mean things to someone."

"But he---"

"Even if he says something mean first. Do you understand?"

I get a mumbled non-response.

"So what mean things did you say to Kaleb?" I ask, wondering if this is going to involve me marching Parker down the street to apologize.

"I said that the BSU football players suck."

Hmm. "What else?"

Parker pauses, anticipating what my response might be. I guess he decides I can handle it, so his mouth opens and unleashes the ultimate insult.

"I said he played ball like a girl."

2 comments:

mom said...

That was yesterday. Are Kaleb and Parker friends today?

Emily said...

Wow, that insult has been around for a long time and somehow hasn't lost it's effect.

Counter