Friday, March 25, 2011

Snapshot

A peek into my kiddos' minds at this point in their lives.

Parker
Parker enthusiastically cheered on BYU during their game last night. (Side Note: After Jimmer's amazing three-point shot, I woke up Deacon screaming, "Did you see that shot?" Thirty seconds later, I get a phone call from my brother exclaiming, "Did you see that shot?") However, after their disappointing loss, Parker wasn't so enthusiastic.

I found him in his bed sobbing. "BYU won't be number one this year."

"That's o.k. There's always next year."

"But they won't have Jimmer."

"You can watch Jimmer play in the NBA."

"It's not the same, mom."

McKay
Wednesday afternoon found me in a doctor's waiting room, waiting to get a prescription for Parker's eczema. I handed McKay a Curious George book to entertain her. She rejected it and grabbed a copy of People Magazine. Then she laid on her tummy and examined a spread on red carpet fashion.

"Which dress do you think is my favorite, mom?"

"This one," I said, pointing to a glittery dress.

"You're right! How did you know?"

"It was the sparkliest."

"I love it! But I hate her purse."

Deacon
I just answered Parker's call of, "Mom, Deacon painted on the wall." I discovered a purple and green watercolor blob on the wall of the boys' room.

"Deacon, did you paint on your wall?"

"It's a picture of Buzz Lightyear."

"Do you think it was a good or a bad choice to paint on your wall?"

"Good choice. It made me happy."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's cool

jace

Riki said...

Painting my walls makes me happy too!

Counter