Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Food for Thought

Today was my day to teach my preschool co-op. We were learning about charts and graphs, so I decided to make a bar graph on the table. I passed out a card to each of the kids and had them write their name on it. I guided Deacon's hand to write D-E-A-C-O-N.

"Now write 'I want a snack' on it," he directed.

Once all the kids, including "Deacon I Want a Snack" had written their names on their cards, I pulled out an apple and an orange.

"We're going to make our own graph. I'm going to put an apple and an orange on the table, and you put your name under which one you like best."

Deacon's eyes lit up. Math he understood! Then he grabbed my apple off the table and ate my bar graph.

I guess he wanted a snack.

1 comment:

mom said...

I think you should have tested his hidden genius and asked him to write it. He certainly knows how to get what he wants!

Counter