Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baptism and Little Green Men

Parker's baptism was on Saturday.

Highlights included:
1. Having so many of our family members coming to share in Parker's big day. (Thank you.)
2. Deacon asking after every talk, song, etc. during the service, "Are we done yet?"
3. After Parker's baptism, Deacon saying, "I want to go swim with daddy, too."
4. Parker telling me he hasn't sinned once since his baptism.

Though that last statement might be in question, as he got very upset at Deacon for knocking down some of his army men and Lincoln Logs. (See picture.)


And while your looking at that, see another.


Or how about some more from this angle.


I went to download the pictures from Parker's baptism, and I was quite surprised to find 73 pictures on my memory card, especially as I had made sure it was empty for the big event. After looking at the ten pictures or so from the baptism, I was greeted with sixty pictures of army men. (Note to self: Don't leave Parker alone with a camera.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought you were referring to Chris and Parker as the little green men. We're glad we could be to Parker's baptism.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

What a proud day for you and Christopher. Baptisms are so spiritual, and when it's your child, they are even more wonderful.

I'm very happy for you and your family.

Congratulations Parker!

Sarah said...

Tell Parker Congratulations I can't believe he is 8 but Carson will be in March it is crazy how they grow it is hard to think about when we haven't seen you for so long.

Emily said...

I cracked up about the 60 pictures of army men! It reminds me of when Jace was little.

Counter