Monday, June 28, 2010

Human Napkin

After breakfast a few mornings ago, Deacon contemplated his hands. They were covered in egg yolk, bacon grease, and honey. He stared at them wondering how to get the gunk off them. Then light seemed to dawn in his eyes. He leaned over and wiped them on my pajama pants.

"That's better," he said.

Yes, better....

If I hadn't figured out I was a human napkin by them, I definitely realized it that afternoon when the kids were running around the backyard. I passed out popsicles and sat down to watch my kids. My reverie was interrupted by Deacon, who was apparently done with his popsicle. He placed the dripping, melting treat in my lap and ran off to play.

2 comments:

Sarah... A Thrifty Mom said...

Cute....love the story!

Riki said...

I have often experienced that myself. I call it the "mommy line" (which is whereever the kids can reach to) there is a series of stains on my pants! However, it is better than being the human wipe--which I was the other day when Kes said she had to go "poop" I took off her undies to discover that she had already gone (diarrhea) and then she proceed to rub her bum down my leg...good thing I was wearing pants that day!

Counter