Friday, February 3, 2012

Cabin Fever

Today Deacon looked out the window and asked, "Hey, who cancelled summer?" Apparently he is done with winter.

The doorbell rang, and Parker's friend, Kaleb, bounded in with the announcement, "It's hot out there! It's like 80 degrees!"

"It's 46 degrees outside," I told him.

"Nah, it's got to be close to 80. Come on Parker, you don't need a jacket."

"It's February," I explained. "Jackets aren't optional."

"MOM, it's HOT outside. I'll sweat in a jacket."

The doorbell rang again, and McKay's friend, Maddi, comes bursting in without shoes on.

I guess I'm the only one delusional enough to believe February still qualifies as winter.

2 comments:

mom said...

Your last posting was about a snow day! What a difference a few weeks makes.

Emily said...

I'd say that I feel Deacon's pain--but well, I don't. Let me just take a moment to rub in the fact that I've been enjoying 60 degree weather pretty much all winter. (Feel free to rub in your weather when summer comes.) Also, we had an EQ family fun day and barbeque in the park yesterday and I thought it was cold because the wind was blowing. I'm going to be a wuss by the time we leave Vegas!

Counter