Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Mother's Example

I'm driving my kids when McKay announces, "When I grow up I don't want to work."

I'm thinking pretty well of myself at this point.  I've decided that McKay probably loves having her own stay-at-home mommy so much, she wants to give her own children that same experience.  I'm giving myself a mental awesome mom award, when the next words out of her mouth put me in my place.

"I just want to steal my husband's money like mom steals dad's money."

Deacon has a good solution for McKay.  "You can marry me, McKay, and steal my money."

"No, Deacon.  You can't marry family.  I'm going to find a husband who I love and adore and think is adorable just like mom loves dad."

Ah, how sweet.

"And then I will destroy him."

Oh.

"Like mom does dad."

1 comment:

Riki said...

chuckle, chuckle!:)

Counter