Sunday, November 27, 2011

Something Royal

This morning I am trying to make breakfast while McKay is rollerskating around my kitchen, occasionally crashing or running into me. It is driving me crazy.

"McKay, could you please not roller skate while I'm trying to make breakfast?"

"But, MOM, I'm practicing for Cinderella on Ice."

Before I have time to counter this statement, she turns to Deacon. "If you could be a little more royal, you could be the prince."

"Yes!" Deacon exclaims excitedly.

"First you have to wash the Cheetos off your face."

I assume the Cheetos and royalty problems were overcome, because soon I have McKay crashing into me on roller skates, and Deacon crashing into me in socks.

"Enough!" I shout. "You can practice after breakfast."

McKay turns to Deacon, "Next time we practice--try to be more royal."

1 comment:

mom said...

Spoken like a true princess!

Counter